Earlier this year, Common Good submitted a formal proposal to the Government of Canada to fund the creation and growth of the Common Good Retirement Plan. To ensure key decision-makers in Ottawa felt the breadth and depth of Common Good’s support across the country, we asked you to add your voice through our online tool.
We have ended our campaign and want to thank the more than 300 not-for-profit organizations and workers across Canada who sent a letter of support to their local MPs, as well as:
- Prime Minister Trudeau
- Hon. Bill Morneau, Minister of Finance
- Hon. Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development
- Hon. Carla Qualtrough, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Disability Inclusion
- Hon. Mona Fortier, Minister of Middle Class Prosperity and Associate Minister of Finance
- Hon. Chrystia Freeland, Deputy Prime Minister & Minister of Intergovernmental Affairs
We will continue to call on the federal government to help secure the critical support needed to make the Common Good Plan a reality. Be sure to join our mailing list to receive updates on our initiative.